In the past 12 months sales of POcontrol.com have increased by 85% in the UK market, as such MD Neill Austin explains why the UK is now such an important market for this internet start up and why it’s their main focus:
“We’re very happy with the take up in the UK market, I think it shows that purchasing management software is finally becoming a mainstream item that companies of all sizes can afford, not just the multinationals. We’ve also seen a major lift in the US market as well but because of London’s relevance in the world financial markets, this is where we’ll be concentrating our efforts on for 2011”.
POcontrol.com is a web based purchase control system designed for any size of company. For more information see www.pocontrol.com, call 0208 123 77 44(UK) or 01 44 33 928 (IRL) or e mail sales@POcontrol.com
# # #
– (Philadelphia) Noonmark Antiques, a rising star in the world of high-end Americana, will be returning to The Princeton Fall Antiques and Fine Art Show. The annual show runs from September 24-26. Over 50 diversified exhibitors will fill booths with antiques and art ranging from the 18th through early 20th century. The dealers bring knowledge and experience to answer questions and advise customers on decorating ideas. Moorestown, NJ-based Noonmark, specializing in American painted furniture and folk art, will be at home at the show for the fifth year in a row.
After just four years in business, Noonmark Antiques is getting the attention of top dealers and show promoters with their fresh approach to Americana folk art. Recently, the Antiques Dealers’ Association of America recognized the credibility and integrity of Lisa and Charlie Hammell, owners of Noonmark Antiques. The ADA-the premier association for the antiques business-invited the Hammells to join. The invitation, offered by John Keith Russell, President, holds Noonmark Antiques to the highest standards of ethics and quality-something the Board of Directors recognized in the Hammells before extending the invitation.
Of their new status in the trade, Lisa Hammell says, “I am delighted and honored that the Board of Directors of the ADA has such high regard for our work in the antiques business. This is my passion, and I am proud to receive this recognition from my peers.”
Lisa and Charlie Hammell are bringing their years of study and experience to bear in this new business. With ample experiences in retail, technology innovation and the arts, Charlie is applying all of these to Noonmark Antiques’ branding strategy, customer relations, web site and aesthetics. Lisa, with an ancestry that reaches back to the founders of Germantown (Philadelphia) and William Penn, is applying her passion for history and research to Noonmark. They strive to bring the highest quality and rarity of American folk art to clients. Their client focus is a bit unique, too. In addition to working with collectors, decorators and other dealers, Noonmark is taking a special interest in younger lifestyle consumers who may be new to antiques but want something different for their homes.
Says Charlie Hammell: “We are thrilled to begin the 2011 season with the endorsement of the ADA. The York show kicks things off on Labor Day. With our strength in Pennsylvania painted furniture and folk art, we will be a great fit. We look forward to meeting new clients there.”
The Princeton show runs from Friday, September 24 (gala party) through Sunday, September 26. For more information, go to www.NoonmarkAntiques.com or call 609-313-8275.
# # #
– Weekly Market Update
* Tighter proposed banking regulation from the U.S. and initial steps to scale back lending by China, combined with gloomy economic data, resulted in uncertainty about the ongoing recovery-yet another bump on what we expect will be a long and winding road to recovery.
* The Obama administration proposed the “Volcker Rule,” legislation to limit the size and trading practices of banks.
* The U.S. Index of Leading Economic Indicators gained 1.1%, fueled by an increase in building permits for December.
* The Philadelphia Fed Index of manufacturing activity dropped to 15.2, which was weaker than expected and below its median level of 18.0.
* U.S. jobless claims rose unexpectedly; consensus estimates
predicted that claims would fall.
* U.S. housing starts fell 4% in December, and total housing starts for 2009 were the lowest on record dating back to 1959.
* European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet warned that the euro-zone recovery would like be uneven despite government stimulus efforts.
* Existing home sales and Dallas Fed Manufacturing Activity will be released January 5.
* Consumer confidence and the Richmond Fed Manufacturing Index will be released January 26.
* New home sales and the Federal Open Market Committee’s rate decision will be released January 27.
* Initial jobless claims and durable goods will be released January 28.
* Gross domestic product, employment costs and the Chicago Purchasing Managers Index will be released January 29.
* Global markets fell on anxiety that additional regulation and tighter monetary policies may hinder the fragile recovery.
* In the U.S., small caps outperformed their large-cap brethren. Growth stocks outperformed their value counterparts.
* In the U.S., Telecommunications was the best-performing sector, while Materials lagged behind the broader markets.
* In the UK, investors flocked to defensive sectors; leaders were Healthcare, Utilities, Telecommunications and Consumer Staples. Materials and Financials lagged.
* In Europe, Healthcare, Consumer Staples and Information Technology led while Materials and Financials lagged.
* Oil and gold both fell at the end of the week in response to Obama’s plan to regulate banks and China’s possible rate increase.
* Global government bonds rallied on weaker economic data and the announcements from China and President Obama.
* Demand for U.S. Treasuries rose as investors worried about the impact of increased regulation on economic growth.
* Corporate bonds fell as investors snapped up government bonds.
* High-yield and emerging-market debt fell as investors sought safety in government bonds.
The Numbers as of Friday 1
Week YTD 1 Year Friday’s
Jan 22, 2010 Close
Global Equity Indices
MSCI World ($) -2.4% -0.1% 40.5% 1166.9
MSCI EAFE ($) -2.4% -0.3% 44.4% 343.2
MSCI Emerging Mkts ($) -2.9% -0.8% 90.8% 981.2
US & Canadian Equities
Dow Jones Industrials ($) -4.1% -2.4% 25.2% 10173.0
S&P 500 ($) -3.9% -2.1% 31.9% 1091.8
NASDAQ ($) -3.6% -2.8% 50.5% 2205.3
S&P/ TSX Composite (C$) -2.9% -3.4% 33.7% 11343.4
UK & European Equities
FTSE All-Share (£) -2.7% -1.7% 33.5% 2714.1
MSCI Europe ex UK (
Through a diverse program of short films, this year’s series will celebrate and support the creative talents of Korean filmmakers. Every filmmaker has a unique perspective on their culture and their world. The films selected both narrative and documentary, will provide views into the psyche of these communities and deepen our understanding of Korean life, land, and cultures.
The WIFI Shorts Program is a celebration of filmmakers from all corners of the world, produced by the members of the Women In Film International Committee (WIFI). This year, for the 4th Annual Film Shorts, WIFI has partnered with the Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles (KCCLA), the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) and NYX Cosmetics to showcase and celebrate the dynamic works of emerging and established Korean and Korean American filmmakers.
Los Angeles California on October 2, 2010 from 6:00PM 10:00P.M.
Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles, 5505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036
Located in the Miracle Mile District, the Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles provides insights into the rich cultural heritage of Korea. On Saturday, October 2, 2010, come join us and partake in film, art, music, cuisine, and culture!
For information program listing go to: http://www.wif.org/wifi
Media Contact: Tobie Loomis: firstname.lastname@example.org 310-924-4050
Tessa Bell: email@example.com 908-310-7141
The Women In Film International (WIFI) Committee fosters interactive cultural bonds with other countries by discovering, promoting and supporting the efforts of entertainment professionals (especially women), throughout the world. Our programs include panels on co-production, screenings and participation in international film festivals. Networking does not stop at our borders so WIFI also serves as a resource for foreign consulates, film boards, visiting filmmakers and dignitaries.
Ginger Media & Entertainment – http://www.gingerliu.webs.com
– 707 Entertainment Group and Starbooking joined forces to create The Rock and Romance Concert. Headliner J.Ovanni is a triple threat Artist ready for the world to recognize his mission. His smooth tones, contagious smile, energy and passion will make you appreciate music and artistry all over again. At a very young age, Music was always an essential part of J.Ovanni’s world. “I started singing when I was five but, it wasn’t until my teens that I committed myself to the craft. I am dedicated to making it my mission to producing great music and performing to my best ability for people all over the world.” says the native Californian who grew up in Chino Hills and graduate of Chino Hills High School. This passionate music lover credits extraordinary individuals such as legendary artists Stevie Wonder, Donnie Hathaway, Michael Jackson, Usher and Craig David as his source of inspiration.
He will be on stage with A2C, Gravity Boys, Genre, XCLusyve and more local acts to bring in the fall with a roar. Join them October 9th at the Pearson Park Amphitheatre, 401 N Lemon St., Anaheim, CA 92805. Tickets are $10 on-line and $15.00 at the door. Doors open at 4:00 pm and all ages are welcomed.
Tickets can be purchased online at http://jovanni1.eventbrite.com/ or at the door.
# # #
Our company is based on an enthusiastic passion for quality music and artists. It is our vision to discover new talent and to usher in raw musical brilliance to the forefront of the music industry. We are dedicated to the development, growth, and marketing of our artists as we seek to provide a nourishing platform to liberate their gifts. We love music and the creative community of music, both hidden and known. (www.707entertainmentgroup.com)
– Andy Gottlieb has dedicated most of his life to helping children in need. In fact, the retired tax accountant is also a certified Broward County teacher who volunteers with the Special Olympics and is a specialized coach in aquatics, basketball and bowling. Also, since 1999, Andy Gottlieb has wholeheartedly and generously supported Florida-based 501(c)(3) charity Kids Wish Network and their programs through the Arnold and Joy Gottlieb Family Foundation, for which he is a trustee.
For the past three years, Andy, through the Arnold and Joy Gottlieb Family Foundation, has supported Kids Wish Network’s Hero of the Month and Holiday of Hope Gift Bank programs at both Chris Evert Children’s Hospital in Ft. Lauderdale and the Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida in Ft. Myers. Just recently, Andy also added Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood, Florida to his list of sponsored facilities and is currently looking into sponsoring other specialized pediatric care facilities and programs for which to sponsor through Kids Wish Network.
In addition to sponsoring the three hospitals, Andy Gottlieb also volunteers his time for the Holiday of Hope events that occur at the hospitals to celebrate the donations of toys they receive through Kids Wish Network’s Holiday of Hope Gift Bank program. For the past three years, nurses, Child Life Specialists and, of course, the children themselves have enjoyed Andy’s presence at the little parties they throw just as much as he has enjoyed being a part of their celebrations.
Anna Lanzatella, Chief Financial Officer and Director of Development for Kids Wish Network, said, “Words cannot express my true appreciation for all the support the Arnold & Joy Gottlieb Family Foundation have provided to Kids Wish Network throughout the years. We are especially grateful to Andy Gottlieb. He truly is our Guardian Angel and we are so grateful to have his support.”
Because of his heartfelt dedication to helping children in need, Andy was elected onto Kids Wish Network’s Board of Directors at their most recent board meeting, a position most suited for someone as kind and helpful as Andy Gottlieb truly is.
For more information on Kids Wish Network’s unique programs, please visit their website at www.kidswishnetwork.org. If you know of a hospital that could benefit from its Hero of the Month or Gift Bank programs, please call 727- 937-3600 or toll free at 888-918-9004.
# # #